The ACHE Board of Governors is calling for applications to serve as Regent-at-Large in Districts 2, 3 and 4, beginning in March 2021. ACHE Fellows are eligible for Regent-at-Large vacancies within their district.
- District 2 consists of District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia.
- District 3 consists of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin.
- District 4 consists of Alabama, Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas.
The goal of the Board of Governors in appointing Regents-at-Large is to diversify the Council of Regents. The purpose of the Regent-at-Large is to promote diversity in the governance of ACHE with respect to race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. For further details, please refer to ACHE’s Statement on Diversity. The responsibilities of the Regent-at-Large—including suggested knowledge, skills and experience for the role—are included in the position description. Appointments will be made by the Board of Governors in November 2020. Candidates should not directly contact members of the Board of Governors to request letters of support.
Fellows from Districts 2, 3 and 4 may apply to serve by sending a letter and resume (see specifications below) to Caitlin E. Stine, content marketing specialist, Department of Marketing, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and they must be received by Aug. 21. All candidates will be listed on ache.org in the Membership section under the heading “Regent-at-Large Declared Candidates.” Any candidate not listed by Aug. 28 should contact Stine immediately. If prospective candidates have any questions about the application process, they should contact Stine.
To be considered, applications must include:
- A statement, in the form of a letter, by the candidate that addresses his or her qualifications for the position, including the demographic characteristics, knowledge, skills and experience.
- A professional resume of education and work experience.
Candidates may include up to two letters of support for their candidacy. Letters of support may not be solicited from current members of the ACHE Board of Governors.